- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tubes refrigerator biscuits (cheap, 50 cent generic store brand are best!)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Grease bundt pan.
2. Cut biscuits in quarters with scissors.
3. Create dry sugar and cinnamon mixture in bowl with lid to toss biscuits in. Close lid and shake biscuits until they're covered. *Tip: Do this one roll of biscuits at a time and after each roll add a little more cinnamon.
4. Layer biscuits evenly in bundt pan. In a separate saucepan, heat the butter, sugar and cinnamon until it's a bubbly sauce.
5. Pour sauce evenly over biscuits in the bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. *Tip: Lay piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent the exposed pieces from getting hard and crunchy.
6. Place plate on top of bundt pan, then swiftly but carefully flip over onto plate. Be mindful of sauce running/spilling/dripping out!
7. Cut slices to serve or pull apart pieces as you wish!
Growing up, monkey bread was a staple on special occasions in our home. We grew a deep-rooted love for the ooey, gooey, melt-in-your-mouth dish, traditionally served for breakfast or brunch. Once we learned how easy it was to make, we had to create a "three month rule" which states that we can only make monkey bread every three months. Otherwise we'd be making it every week—er, every other day—which wouldn't be healthy...but insanely delicious ;-)
This recipe is perfect for impressing guests that are visiting or surprising mom on Mother's Day!
XO Taylor & Chloe
What we're listening to: Chelsea Rodgers – Prince
Photos taken with an iPhone 5S
Sister duo originally from MPLS now living in ATL. Playing music, eating cookies, spreading loveliness.