I've been an adult for a year now. It's weird and I'm still trying to figure out whether I like it or not. I'm pretty sure I do. I’ve felt like an adult for the longest time, but I’ve still got a lot of child in me. It’s still going to take me a while before I stop saying things like “I want to do *this or that* when I grow up!” because I’ve noticed people giving me strange looks and making comments like, “You are grown up” to which I respond, “Oh. Right. Well, when I’m older."
With this new adult title comes a new adult Chloe. I started with a fresh new ‘do that I’ve been loving. And long gone are the days of Chuck Taylor’s and a T-shirt as my go-to outfit. (Okay, maybe not that long gone..check back in with me in a year or so—ha).
Accessorizing is helping me make this fashion transition more easily. You can trick people into thinking you’re more put together by throwing on some jewelry, a hat, nice shoes, scarves, glasses/sunnies, lipstick—yes, I consider lipstick an accessory. Which is basically what I did with this look. I’m sneakily still wearing a tee. #score
I’ve been determined to become a hat person too. Pinterest did not fail me in giving me inspiration for what to look for, I’ve been a very enthusiastic pinner lately... Plus, seeing Bear Rinehart rock this one at the NEEDTOBREATHE concert last weekend only confirmed I was on the right track in my fashion endeavors. Scouring the internet as well as local shops for something versatile that would actually fit on my giant head was quite a task, and I may have ordered over $200 worth of hats from Revolveclothing.com to be sure I would find something that worked..no worries I’m returning all but one ;)
Other adult activities I’ve been into lately:
- Reading. Blogs, Books, Articles. Anything that interests me and will further my thinking.
- Listening to podcasts and watching apologetics debates.
- Going to the gym on a regular basis. Maybe as Taylor and I grow further into adulthood, it will become a habit that occurs at a reasonable time of day and not at the strangest hours.
- Actively working to make friends. It’s not as easy as it was in the childhood years!
- Managing my/CL's finances. Save as much as I can and only spend when I am able to. I have stopped spending on frivolous things, and try to only go out when I’m getting together with friends.
Childish activities I refuse to give up:
- Dancing like a fool in all contexts. In the kitchen, in the car, in the grocery store—basically any time a good song comes on.
- Running around in the pouring rain and splashing in puddles. Try and stop me.
- Stupid embarrassing things like this & this.
- Toilet humor. It will always be funny. #poopjokes4eva
- Dream and hope past the point of what’s considered a reasonable expectation.
Thanks for spending time reading my ramblings.
Love you all,
What I'm listening to: Washed By The Water - Acoustic Version – NEEDTOBREATHE
Photos shot by Taylor with an Olympus PEN camera
1/2 of sister duo Chasing Lovely. Optimist, creator, dreamer, thinker, encourager.